GOOD LOOKS - NYE Chocolates

Sunday, December 30, 2012

charming chocolates


The main focus of the menu for our Chimney Sweeps themed NYE was chocolates, so there was a variety of store-bought chocolates on display. To make them seem a little bit more interesting we added some decorative details:


1 - DIY Custom Platter
Following on this idea from The Pretty Blog, I bought a metallic gold pen and added some polka dots and "happy new year" cursive to a ceramic plate. (I was pleased to see if washed off completely in the dishwasher). I then alternated the chocolates with little felt black top hats.

 
2 - DIY Custom Wrappers
I removed all the little Ferrero Rocher labels off the tops of the chocolate wrappers and added NYE themed stickers that I found in the local stationery store. Strangely, I found the exact sticker set that I remember owning when I was small and collected stickers. I could never fathom why the set combined chimney sweeps with horseshoes with coins? Now, I know it was all German New Year luck symbols!





NEW YEARS EVE PARTY 


The Invitation 



The Tableware


The Garland


The Sweet

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger